Potluck help

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      lmitchell

My team at work has monthly meetings and we bring food in each time. What would be a good budget friendly item? I’m supposed to bring in a dessert this time, but usually I bring in a side dish or main item.

What would be some good cheap suggestions to make? Thanks a bunch in advance!!

lmitchell

Oh, and there are about 18 of us on the team.

Virginia

Do you want Chocolate type desserts or fruit based? Do you have any dietary restrictions that need to be met? Thanks; Virginia

lmitchell

Chocolate is always welcome. THe team is mostly women. No dietary restrictions….at least none that have been mentioned.

I only know of one allergy and that is mushrooms but that is easily adjustable for the dishes it would be found within.

Virginia

Here is one you might enjoy:

Marbled Chocolate Cake Bars

1 package (18 1/4 ounces) German Chocolate Cake Mix
      1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, softened
      1/2 cup Sugar
      3/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips, divided

Prepare cake mix. Pour into a greased 15 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch baking pan.
      In a small bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until well combined, stir in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the batter.

Cut through the batter with a butter knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
      Bake at 350 degrees F. until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (25 to 30 minutes).

Cool on a wire rack. Cut into (we cut 36) bars; the actual size is up to you, so the amount is also up to you. Enjoy!

Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia

HerbLady

In January there are a lot of women trying to loose extra weight they put on over the holidays. Why not make a desert that is rich and chocolaty but won’t hurt the waist line? 153 calories for two 2 1/2 inch brownies!!

peanut butter brownies

lmitchell

They both sound yummy!! Thanks for the recipes!

MrsPaws

@HerbLady 266931 wrote:

In January there are a lot of women trying to loose extra weight they put on over the holidays. Why not make a desert that is rich and chocolaty but won’t hurt the waist line? 153 calories for two 2 1/2 inch brownies!!

peanut butter brownies

oh my goodness…these sounds positively decadent. i’ve got to try these!!
      thanks so much for sharing!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.