Tagged: potato soup
- January 16, 2006 at 4:52 pm #235595
Found this recipe. I haven’t tried it.
Cheesy Potato Soup
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup milk
2 cups sharp cheddar
Salt, pepper to taste
Diced scallions, shredded cheese, and veggie bacon to garnish
1. Saute the garlic in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add broth and water and heat to
2. Add potatoes and boil for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
3. Remove all potatoes from broth, and place 1/2 of potatoes in a blender.
Reserve other half of potatoes in a dish.
4. Add milk to the potatoes and puree in the blender until smooth. Add the
blended potatoes to the broth, stir, and heat through on medium heat.
5. Using a whisk, slowly add cheese, stirring constantly, until it has melted
through. Add remaining potatoes.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot topped with scallions, cheese, and veggie
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.