- June 15, 2006 at 10:34 pm #236879mosParticipant
pot-stickers with dipping sauce
sauce: 2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbs dark sesame oil
1 tbs rice vinegar
pot-stickers: 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tbs warm water
1/3 cup cooking sherry
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1/2 cup minced celery
3 tbs minced green onion
2 TO 3 tbs minced cilantro
5 large mushrooms, coarsely chopped
2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
salt or herbal salt substitute to taste
combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. set aside.
2. in a large bowl, combine flours and water.
knead 10 TO 15 minutes, adding more flour or water to create a smooth, pliable dough. cover dough tightly with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 MIN.
3. heat sherry in wok over medium heat.
stir-fry onion and cabbage until limp. add remaining pot-sticker ingredients. cook, stirring, for 2 MIN.
remove vegetables from heat and place in colander to drain excess moisture.
5. divide dough into 24 small balls. on a lightly floured board, flatten each ball of dough into a 3″ TO 4″ circle.
fill with 1 TO 2 teaspoons of vegetable mixture per circle. fold each circle into a half-moon shape; pinch edges to seal.
6. lightly coat two large nonstick skillets with vegetable cooking spray.
set over medium heat and let warm.
7. add pot stickers seam side up, flattening slightly on the bottom. when bottoms are golden brown, add 1/2 cup water per pan.
cover and steam for 20 MIN.
8. serve hot with dipping sauce.
makes 24 pot-stickers = 49 calories each
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.