Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I think I will try this one. it sounds yummy to me. Debbie

Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:07 pm
      subject: re: budget101.com : Pork chops

Nicole:

I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com last week and made it a few nights ago to RAVE reviews from my family (husband and kids 12 and 15). I followed the recipe as written other than to use regular baking potatoes rather than the Yukon Gold (what I had) and it did take longer for the potatoes to cook than stated but since my husband is unpredictable as to when he gets off work it was fine for me and it didn’t harm the results at all as far as I could tell. This was very good and the potatoes were like oven roasted one without using the oven (great in this heat).

Hope someone can use this.

Jennifer

Skillet Pork Chops with Potatoes and Onion

submitted by: jawinfree
      rated: 5 out of 5 by 183 members
      prep time: 20 Minutes
      cook time: 50 Minutes
      ready in: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
      yields: 4 servings
      “pork chops and potatoes are cooked up on the stove with parmesan cheese.”
      ingredients:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
      4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick),
      trimmed
      2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
      1/3 cup grated Parmesan
      cheese
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/4 teaspoon pepper
      4 Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly
      sliced
      2 medium onions, sliced
      3 cubes beef bouillon
      3/4 cup hot water
      1 tablespoon lemon juice
      directions:

1. heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. coat the pork chops with flour, and place in the skillet. brown about 4 minutes on each side.

2. in a small bowl, mix the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. sprinkle 1/2 the Parmesan cheese mixture over the pork chops. Layer chops with the potatoes.

Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese mixture. Top with onion slices.

3. in a small bowl, dissolve the beef bouillon cubes in hot water. stir in the lemon juice. pour over the layered pork chops.

4. cover skillet, and reduce heat. simmer 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender and pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

https://www.avg.com
      version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.7/1581 – Release Date: 7/30/2008 6:56 am

no virus found in this incoming message.
      checked by avg - https://www.avg.com version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.7/1580 - Release Date: 7/29/2008 5:26 pm

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.