1/2 cup packed brown sugar
      6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
      1/2 cup chopped celery
      1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
      3 T. instant minced onion
      1 tsp. salt
      1/2 tsp. ground sage
      2 cups beef broth

Have your butcher cut the pork tenderloin into 12 slices and flatten each slice, or do it yourself at home if you prefer. Sprinkle meat slices with a little salt and pepper. In a skillet brown meat well on both sides in hot cooking oil. Divide the pork tenderloin slices between two 12×7 1/2×2-inch baking dishes.
      Combine apples and brown sugar. Spoon over tenderloin slices. Combine stuffing mix, celery, melted butter or margarine, onion, salt, and sage; toss with beef broth till moistened. Press stuffing into 1/2 cup measure; unmold a stuffing mound onto each tenderloin slice.
      Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees till pork is done, about 1 hour. Garnish with parsley and poached fresh apple slices, if desired. Makes 2 casseroles, 6 servings each.
      To freeze:
      Omit baking casseroles; wrap securely, label and freeze. Bake frozen casseroles, covered, at 400 degrees till pork is done, about 1 1/4 hours.

Sounds great!! Can fresh apples be used in place of the canned?

I don’t see why not. I cook down fresh apples with spices and sugar in my microwave to get them tender. I have done this several times to make apple pies.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Pork and Apples with Stuffing