- May 20, 2009 at 5:09 pm #273541
1 pound spicy bulk breakfast sausage
1 can clear chicken broth – (14 oz)
1/2 cup long-grain rice
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
Brown sausage in skillet until pink color disappears, crumbling with fork.
Stir in broth, rice and minced onion. Simmer gently, covered, 18 to 20
minutes or until rice is tender and most of broth is absorbed.
- February 13, 2014 at 7:01 pm #450878I am a great fan of copycat recipes. This looks like a keeper.
- February 14, 2014 at 5:41 am #450917
this sounds easy but delicious. will need to try it!
- February 15, 2014 at 1:29 am #450937
Thanks for the recipe. We go to Pop-eye often just for the dirty rice.
- February 18, 2014 at 10:07 pm #451140this sounds lovely and very easy to do will be giving this a try one day this week thanks xx
- February 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm #451260
I love the dirty rice at Popeye’s. I will have to try this. Thanks!
- September 27, 2014 at 11:36 pm #458714
Thanks. I’m looking forward to making The Dirty Rice. I’m sure the family will love it.
- September 28, 2014 at 12:21 am #458715this is probably my favorite side dish from any of the fast food restaurants …thank you
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.