- January 7, 2008 at 10:52 pm #244380
This is a faverite
1 pk Lasagna noodles
1 1/2 c Margarine or butter
4 ea Onions, diced
11 ea Medium potatoes
1 lb Velveeta
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Saute 1 1/2 sticks of margarine and the diced onions until tender. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on the package.
Boil potatoes until tender as for mashed potatoes. Cube cheese. After potatoes are cooked, add cheese and remaining margarine (no milk!) and mash like making mashed potatoes.
In a 9 x 13 pan, layer: 1/3 of onions on bottom, layer of noodles, 1/3 of potatoes. Repeat layers ending with mashed potatoes. Top with parmesan cheese and pepper.
Bake at 350F for 30 – 35 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
- August 22, 2008 at 10:20 am #397831
I make homemade Perogies. But this recipe sounds soo good. Wondering why no milk in the potatoes.
JoAnn in N.Ohio 😛
- August 22, 2008 at 2:10 pm #397837
Made this recipe about a week ago. Had been talking to my daughter on teh phone and she mentioned she made perogies for dinner. Went to find them in the marker here in nc, couldn’t find them..
remembered seeing the recipe here, tried it… oh much better than anything i’ve ever bought in the store. so yummy!!!
recipe went in the keep pile!! lol everytime i try a new recipe, i always write it out on scrap paper till the family tries it, then i ask them.. ” ok, is it a keeper?”
i knew right away by the look in their eyes!! :-p
- November 12, 2008 at 3:15 am #403312
🙂 thanks glad you liked it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.