- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 1, 2008 at 10:09 pm by .
- November 1, 2008 at 10:09 pm #265672rtebalt
Poinsettia Sandwich “Cake”
Trim all crust off top and bottom of 1 round white loaf of bread. Slice loaf in 3 circles 1 inch in width. Spread each circle with soft butter. Spread bottom slice with ham filling; top with slice of bread and cover with egg filling. Top with third slice, with buttered side nest to egg filling. Chill several hours wrapped in clear plastic wrap.
• 2 cups chopped cooked ham
• 1/3 cup pickle relish
• 1/4 cup chopped celery
• 5 hard-cooked eggs. well chopped
• 1/3 cup chopped stuffed olives
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
• 1 tsp grated onion
• salt and pepper to taste
• 16 oz cream cheese
• 1/3 cup light cream
Beat until smooth and fluffy. Spread on sides and top of loaf. Trim top with a poinsettia cut from pimiento. Use sifted hard-cooked egg yolks for center of poinsettia.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.