Planning and self-restraint

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Planning and self-restraint

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Retailers do charge a lot for clothes. Most of the items I buy these days are

for our son. He is a toddler and growing all the time. Being our first, there

are no older sibs for hand-me-downs and we do get much of his wardrobe between

trading with my Mommy group and consignment shops.

Recently, we were looking for a winter coat for him. The department stores

wanted $50-90 for him. Crazy! I ended up trading some things with another Mom

on one of my groups and he got a terrific coat for a bit of my time and a trade.

Lord & Taylor is a nice store. Having a gift card is great. So glad you had

a good time there.

I usually pack a lunch for us when we go to the mall. Some pre-planning and

you can make it without going crazy. If nothing else, I pack some snacks for

our son and some drinks. Avoid the lines and high prices. Not to mention “mall

food” which often upsets his tummy. So, we just skip it.

Herlean

pseuzanne <pseuzanne@yahoo.com> wrote:

My mom got a $50 gift card to Lord & Taylor (upscale department store)

in the mail as a promotion. There was no minimum purchase required. She

generously gave it to me,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Planning and self-restraint