- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated September 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm by .
- January 2, 2012 at 5:51 pm #302029MrsPaws
Planned over stuffed peppers
4 large bell peppers
12 oz shredded mozzerella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups left over Spanish rice* Wash and pat dry bell peppers.
* Cut in half lengthwise, clean out seeds and ribs.
* Sprinkle with s and p.
* Place on prepared baking sheet and pre-bake for 10-15 minutes at 350.
* After pre-baking, blot bell pepper insides dry-may have to s
and p pepper insides again.
* Sprinkle a light layer of cheese into pepper.
* Spoon some of the rice into pepper and top with another light
layer of cheese.
*Continue layering until all rice and cheese is used or until
peppers are full, *but make sure the cheese is the top layer*.
* Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted,
bubbly, and lightly browned.
- January 3, 2012 at 12:01 am #431046mos
We are always in search of ‘vegetarian leftover layering,’ that I had to move this fabulous recipe over.
Thanks so much for posting! It makes me want to make Spanish rice in abundance just to use your recipe
- January 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm #431065MrsPaws
dd and myself like this recipe as is…it’s pretty tasty, but dh thinks he just has to have some type of meat in it…so i usually add about a tbsp of cooked ground meat and onions to his. i just layer it on top of the rice and he’s happy. 🙂
i almost always have left over spanish rice when i have it with fajitas or salsa chicken…this is what i do with the left over rice…yummy.
i hope you enjoy it!
- September 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm #433510VampixenSounds Yummy..I usually don’t add rice in my stuffed peppers..will try this..Thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.