- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 11, 2013 at 12:28 am by .
- November 10, 2013 at 7:50 pm #324731
Traditional Thanksgiving Meal (with mashed potatoes, stuffing/dressing, roasted turkey/chicken cranberry sauce, etc…)
Instead of having day after Thanksgiving left overs, turn them into this tasty dish and serve with l/o sides.
2 slightly beaten eggs
salt and pepper-to taste
2 cups left over mashed potatoes
2 cups left over cooked chicken/turkey-diced (I used l/o roasted chicken)
2 cups left over stuffing/dressing (I used l/o cornbread dressing)
2 tbsp fresh parsley-minced
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
left over cranberry sauce (I used whole berry sauce)
1. In a large bowl, add beaten eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme, and onions. Stir, then add potatoes, turkey/chicken, and stuffing/dressing.
Gently stir until just incorporated.
2. In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, heat butter and oil over med high heat.
Without over crowding pan, gently drop 1/2 cupful mixture into pan, flattening slightly. Cook 6-8 minutes on each side.
Drain on paper towels or baking rack.
3. In either a microwave safe bowl or medium saucepan, heat cranberry sauce. Cook
for several minutes until it thickens slightly.
Serve over hot patties.
- November 11, 2013 at 12:28 am #445085
This sounds pretty good! Kinda like my croquettes without the extra coating…just may have to try this…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.