Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

this is an easy recipe and if you have never made breakfast pizza, ya gotta try it!
      Pizza Dough
      1 package active dry yeast (2 tsp bulk yeast)
      1 cup warm water
      1 tsp sugar
      1 tsp salt
      2 Tbsp vegetable oil
      2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
      Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat vigorously 20 strokes.

Let rest 5 minutes.
      Punch down and form into a ball. Roll or smooth out into a circle on the pizza pan. Add scrambled eggs, bacon pieces, bits of sausage, cheese,etc., and bake in 425 oven for 20 minutes (longer for crunchier crust) This makes enough crust for one large pizza, two small pizzas, or four individuals.

I was talking with a friend about breakfast pizzas and she uses her bread machine to make hers while she supervises everyone getting up and dressed! here’s her recipe that she said I could share
      Breakfast Pizza Dough
      Water 1 3/8 cups
      Bread flour 4 cups
      Dry milk 2 Tbsp
      Sugar 1 Tbsp
      Salt 2 tsp
      Butter 1 Tbsp
      Active Dry Yeast 1 Tbsp
      Use the dough mode. When done, put dough in lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a clean dish towel.

Place in warm area and allow to rise
      for 30 minutes. Cut into 4 equal portions, form into balls. Cover dough
      with clean cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.

Follow directions in above recipe for making breakfast pizzas. Makes two large, four small, or eight individuals!

This sounds really mos. THe family likes homemade pizzas.

Participant

I love breakfast pizza! when I saw them for the first time years ago in the freezer section, I said to myself, “Self, you can make these!” so I played until I came up with just the right amount of dough and baking to perfection.

these freeze nicely, too! however, bake the crusts first for 10-15 minutes or until JUST starting to brown. cool completely, top with whatever you desire, and freeze in foil or baggies or containers.

take right from the freezer and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees or longer if you like the crust crispier. I guess I shoulda mentioned this when I originally posted, eh?! LOL!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.