- January 6, 2009 at 10:40 pm #268870
This recipe costs around $8 to make, and it makes a lot.
What’s you’re going to needThis should make 8-12 pizza burgers
1lbs to 1 1/2lbs of Hamburger meat
1 8oz can of Hunts tomato sauce
1 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp anise (optional)
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4-6 buns cut in half
What you’re going to want to do is take the hamburger and brown it in a frying pan then combine with the can of tomato sauce, the oregano, sugar, garlic powder and anise if used. Take the bun split it in half if not already then with the crust part facing down- put the mixture on top of the buns.
Put the pizza burgers in the oven for 15 minutes on a cookie sheet (this makes the bun crispy), Then take the pizza burgers out and top with your favorite cheese.
- January 6, 2009 at 10:54 pm #408505This sounds very yummy! 🙂
- January 6, 2009 at 11:26 pm #408559
Quite honestly, I didn’t like it as a kid but now its one of my favorite things to make and eat
- January 10, 2009 at 8:15 pm #409212
Have you tired it with some other bread? I make my own bread and I’d love to use it instead. Heck, I may just try it tomorrow anyways.It sounds great. Thanks.
- January 10, 2009 at 9:05 pm #409220
Italian or french always worked well, mainly bread with a little more meat on it than regular store brand white bread
- January 12, 2009 at 5:30 am #409419Sounds Yummy!!! Can’t wait to fix it. I’m sure my daughter will love this one.
- January 12, 2009 at 3:29 pm #409490
I love these – except I add green peppers and sliced olives – Also mushrooms are good if you have them. This is one of those things that freezes well also Thanks Bobbi -NE
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.