- This topic is empty.
- July 21, 2020 at 10:12 am #586295gbelousParticipant
Pineapple Sunshine Cake is a quick and easy layered cake dessert. If you’re in a hurry you can buy a premade pound cake, like Sara Lee), or you can use a yellow cake mix and make layers.
I usually make a few pound cakes at the same time and freeze them. Then if I have to throw a dessert together quickly, I can just make this pineapple cake. To transform it into a Hawaiian wedding cake, at 4 ounces of cream cheese to the vanilla pudding/pineapple mixture before folding in the whipped cream.
Pineapple Sunshine Cake
- Cut the pound cake lengthwise into thirds, creating 3 long layers.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mix and the can of undrained pineapple.
- Fold in Cool Whip, (don’t beat) and set aside to thicken.
- Set one layer of the cake on a serving dish; top with one-third of the pineapple mixture. Add the 2nd cake and another 1/3rd, and then the final layer of cake and the final 1/3rd of the pineapple mixture
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
If you’d prefer you can bake a yellow cake mix (follow the directions on the box) and use 2 8″ round pans to make the layers. Or cut each of the layers in half and make a 4 layer cake, etc.
Or just bake the cake in a 9×13 pan and spread the pineapple topping over the entire top. Decorate with maraschino cherries & bits of pineapples if you want to dress it up a bit.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.