- This topic is empty.
- January 4, 2020 at 12:56 pm #579687
PINA COLADA RUM CAKE
😋😍 The pina colada rum cake is the perfect potluck dessert recipe for adults! The lovely tropical flavors of pineapple, coconut cream are enhanced by the delicious Malibu rum.
1 box Duncan Hines Classic Golden Butter Cake mix (preferred mix) or Classic Yellow
1/4 C (4 oz.-1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
8-oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (reserve juice to make 1/4 cup)
1/4 C reserved juice of crushed pineapple
1/4 C Malibu Rum (or any light rum)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a bundt pan.
- Using a stand or electric hand mixer, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, 1/4 C reserved juice, and 1/4 C Rum, beat at low speed to combine.
- Beat at medium speed for two minutes.
- fold in the drained crushed pineapple.
- Pour batter in prepared pan Bake 33-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze.
1/2 C cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
1/2 C Malibu rum
1/4 C confectioner’s sugar
Shake cream of coconut can well before measuring. Add cream of coconut to small saucepan and heat just until bubbles form. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Set aside. When the cake is done baking, set it on the rack to cool for ten minutes or soo. Use a thin bamboo skewer or shish kebab stick to poke holes in the cake. Pour half of the glaze over warm cake, letting it soak in.
When the cake is cool, turn onto a serving plate. Whisk together remaining glaze with confectioner’s sugar until smooth and drizzle over top of the cake. See Also Pina Colada Jar Cakes
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.