- January 7, 2009 at 3:16 pm #268910
1 jar (26 oz) marinara sauce
1 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
4 large peppers
8 oz ground chicken
1 small zucchini, diced
1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup raisins
1. Stir marinara sauce, vinegar, cumin and cinnamon in large bowl until mixed well. Spoon 11/2 cups sauce into bottom of 5-qt or larger slow-cooker. Slice off top 1/2-in. of peppers; seed them and reserve tops.
2. Add ground chicken, zucchini, barley, onion and raisins to remaining sauce in bowl; mix well. Evenly spoon mixture into peppers and replace tops. Stand upright in slow-cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours, until peppers are tender and instant-read thermometer inserted in filling registers 160ºF. Serve with sauce.
- January 7, 2009 at 3:21 pm #408631
THis one sounds interesting. I have never stuffed my peppers with anything else but beef..Humm.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.