Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pet Care Pet Urine Smells

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss
      Keymaster

Hi Diane

I have 4 dogs, and 3 cats and in the past had up to 6 dogs all in the house, my
      females I never have trouble with accidents but blacky who is now going on 15
      years old still gives me problems. Here are a few ideas that I have used in the
      past. One thing you do need to remember that once the urine gets into the carpet
      pad it is really hard to get out. A few things I have done in the past:
      1. For dog and cat urine, immediately mix a solution of 2 tsp.

dish soap and
      cool water. Froth it up and blot the area well with the foamy lather. Wash off
      with a mixture of white vinegar and water ( one part vinegar to 8 parts water).
      Make sure you dry the area immediately with a hairdryer set on cool or even a
      small fan will work if not enough time.

2. Pour liberal amount of club soda on the area and blot immediately with paper
      towels. If the odor is still there the next day, cover the area with about 1/4″
      of baking soda and let it sit on the carpet for 2 days then vacuum.

3. If stain or odor still persists, try this. Add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide to
      1 tbsp.

of baking soda. Add 1 tsp. of dish soap and stir well.

Apply the
      solution to the area with a sponge. Let dry and sweep. Make sure you throw the
      solution away after use.

Because of it’s volatility it loses it’s effectiveness
      within a very short time.

4. Past of borax and water also works, apply the paste, wait for it to dry then
      give it a good vacuum.

5. For wooden floors. Mix a 1/2 cup of warm water and wet the area well.
      Sprinkle some baking soda onto the area and give it a good scrub.

As soon as the
      effervescing stops, rinse well with warm water and dry the floor immediately.

6. Last but not least if the smell still won’t go away, run to your closest
      store that sells pet supplies and purchase one of many items that they sell to
      remove pet smells form carpets and furniture. It works great, and after cleaning
      well this will get down into your carpet padding and reduce the smell that you
      are now having.

Good Luck & Hope I’ve helped out solve your problem Donna

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pet Care Pet Urine Smells