- August 10, 2015 at 10:28 pm #360349
Perfectly Fried Calamari
1 1/2 lbs cleaned calamari, cut into1 inch rings
2 cup buttermilk
3 cup flour
2 tbs sea salt
canola oil for frying
Place the calamari and buttermilk in a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Heat 2 inches of oil in a large pot until it reaches 400°F.
Take a handful of calamari and coat in flour. Place in the oil and fry until golden. Repeat until all calamari are fried.
- October 11, 2015 at 8:28 am #462326
I found using cornflour(cornstarch), heavily seasond with fresh cracked black pepper and salt, made a wonderfully light, crispy, almost tempura coating.
- October 12, 2015 at 11:24 pm #462332
ForeverForties…that sounds interesting! Do you soak the calamari in buttermilk first and then dip or do you do something else? Inquiring minds want to know
- February 7, 2020 at 6:53 pm #581371pollyParticipant
I have some calamari in the freezer, I think I will try this recipe.
- February 20, 2020 at 5:10 pm #582885
Polly, let us know how you like it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.