- February 24, 2009 at 2:05 am #270965
8 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
11/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter or margarine (not spread), cut up
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
11/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
11/4 cups chopped walnuts
11/4 cups white chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9-in.
baking pan with foil, letting foil extend about 2 in. at ends; grease foil.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a medium bowl on high 1 minute, then stir. Repeat at 30-second intervals until melted and smooth.
(Or melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.) Let cool until warm.
3. Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high 3 minutes until pale. Beat in chocolate mixture.
Stir in flour, baking powder and 1 cup each nuts and chips. Spread in prepared pan; sprinkle with rest of nuts and chips.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Lift foil by ends onto cutting board. Cut brownie into 24 bars.
Planning Tip: Can be refrigerated airtight with wax paper between layers up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 11/2 months.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.