- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm by .
- December 15, 2008 at 5:09 pm #267830
Peppermint Pie made with york sugar free peppermint patties
shortbread chocolate crumb crust(recipe follows)
8 YORK Sugar Free Peppermint Patties
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon hershey’s cocoa or hershey’s dutch processed cocoa
1 tub (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed*
Additional whipped topping(optional)
Additional YORK Sugar Free Peppermint Patties(optional)
1. Prepare shortbread chocolate crumb crust. remove wrappers from peppermint patties; cut into pieces. place candy, milk and cocoa in medium microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candy is melted and smooth when stirred.
3. Fold whipped topping into melted mixture; spoon into prepared crust. Cover; freeze 6 to 8 hours or until firm. (Pie will not freeze completely.) Garnish with additional whipped topping and peppermint pattie pieces, if desired.
6 to 8 servings.
shortbread chocolate crumb crust:
1-3/4 cups sugar free cookie crumbs (about 20 cookies)
3 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1/4 cup granular form sucralose**
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Stir together cookie crumbs, cocoa and sucralose in medium bowl.
Blend in butter, mixing well.
2. Press crumb mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 8 minutes; cool.
*NOTE: Do not use “extra creamy” or “light” whipped topping.
**Such as Splenda, an artificial sweetener
- November 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm #445163
Oh my! I’m speechless! I’ve GOT to make these and, I guess, share it with the family.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.