Penne with Grilled Chicken and Gorgonzola

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Diabetic Recipes & Supplies, etc Penne with Grilled Chicken and Gorgonzola

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

Penne with Grilled Chicken and Gorgonzola
      2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
      2 tsp olive oil
      1/2 cup thin onion slices, separated into rings
      1 tsp sugar
      1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
      2 cups cut-up grilled chicken (1-inch pieces)
      1-1/2 cups chicken broth
      1/2 cup diagonally cut asparagus spears (1-inch lengths)
      1/4 cup whipping cream
      4 tsp minced garlic
      4.5-oz pkg crumbled gorganzola cheese
      1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
      Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
      Meanwhile, heat oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add onions and sugar. Cook and stir 2 to 3 min or until onions are tender. Remove from heat.
      Drain pasta. Place in large skillet. Add tomatoes. Cook on medium heat 1 min, stirring occasionally. Add chicken, broth, asparagus, cream and garlic. Mix well. Cook 5 min or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add onions, cheese and basil. Stir. Cook 2 min or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serves 6
      smiley-eatdrink013 smilie

LindaBNB

This sounds amazing. My DH will love this. If I tell him Gorgonzola, he’s all in.

mos

LindaBNB…please let us know how you and your DH like it! And it’s so simple to prepare! You can also substitue an equivalent amount of ham, pork, or turkey if that’s what you have on hand. I developed the recipe to use some leftover grilled chicken, but have since used the other meats. I like the chicken best;-D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Diabetic Recipes & Supplies, etc Penne with Grilled Chicken and Gorgonzola