- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated April 30, 2016 at 9:54 pm by .
- April 26, 2016 at 9:49 pm #371478mos
Penne with Grilled Chicken and Gorgonzola
2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup thin onion slices, separated into rings
1 tsp sugar
1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
2 cups cut-up grilled chicken (1-inch pieces)
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup diagonally cut asparagus spears (1-inch lengths)
1/4 cup whipping cream
4 tsp minced garlic
4.5-oz pkg crumbled gorganzola cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
Meanwhile, heat oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add onions and sugar. Cook and stir 2 to 3 min or until onions are tender. Remove from heat.
Drain pasta. Place in large skillet. Add tomatoes. Cook on medium heat 1 min, stirring occasionally. Add chicken, broth, asparagus, cream and garlic. Mix well. Cook 5 min or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add onions, cheese and basil. Stir. Cook 2 min or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serves 6
- April 29, 2016 at 8:50 am #463098LindaBNB
This sounds amazing. My DH will love this. If I tell him Gorgonzola, he’s all in.
- April 30, 2016 at 9:54 pm #463100mosLindaBNB…please let us know how you and your DH like it! And it’s so simple to prepare! You can also substitue an equivalent amount of ham, pork, or turkey if that’s what you have on hand. I developed the recipe to use some leftover grilled chicken, but have since used the other meats. I like the chicken best;-D
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.