Peeling Potatoes

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice Terrell

To easily peel hot cooked potatoes: Before cooking potatoes take a paring knife and score the peel all the way around the middle (side ways not long ways). Cook as usual. When done, use tongs and transfer one potato at a time to a bowl of ice water.

After about 10 to 15 seconds remove potato and slide peel off. This really does work.

JoAnn

Now this one does sound like a very good handi tip. Thanks Janice, it’s the little things that make life easier.

Janice Terrell

Did you ever drop tomatoes into boiling water and then into ice water so the peel would split & slide off? This works on the same principle except the skins are tougher so you have to score them.

brchbell

Boy I want to run up and try this right now! thanks!

rtebalt

Thanks for the info. I’ve never tried this before. O always just peel them when they’re raw.

Janice Terrell

rtebalt – I never really understood why people boil the potatoes whole and then peel them. Good way to burn your fingers!!! I use a clean pair of Playtex gloves to protect my fingers now.

Scoring & boiling saves time all around plus you don’t have that starchy spatter everywhere

JoAnn

Janice,
      I did try this today — Awesome !! Smiles to you Lady.. Certainly works very well.

Janice Terrell

Thanks JoAnn. When you can’t do much, you learn to do the most you can without doing much!!! lol – does that make any sense at all!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.