- This topic is empty.
- October 17, 2020 at 1:25 am #593227TashdanParticipant
Pecan pie cobbler is the best of both worlds, pecan pie and layered cobbler. You definitely want to top this with a big ol’ scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Pecan Pie Cobbler
1 Box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
6 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
2 cups pecan halves
Vanilla ice cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
2. In large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon half of filling into crust-lined dish. Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
3. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in decorative fashion. Bake 30 minutes longer or until set. Cool 20 minutes on cooling rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.