- This topic is empty.
- November 17, 2020 at 8:29 am #594026oveqoParticipant
Easy Peasy Peanutty Cranberry Bars! Fresh cranberries and peanut butter chips combine to create a fruity layer of deliciousness! If you’re not a fan of peanut butter, use chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. I LOVE these with white chocolate chips and a handful of chopped macadamia nuts.
Peanutty Cranberry Bars
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) , softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole cranberries
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs. Stir in peanut butter chips.
3. Reserve 1-1/2 cups mixture for crumb topping. Firmly press remaining mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine cranberries, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly over baked layer. Sprinkle reserved 1-1/2 cups crumbs evenly over top.
4. Return to oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
See also: Make Your Own Peanutty Butter
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.