- February 24, 2009 at 2:28 am #270970
1 stick (1⁄2 cup) butter
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
1-1⁄3 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1-1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
4 (0.6 oz each) milk-chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (such as Reese’s), cut in quarters
1⁄2 cup peanut butter M&M’s
2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-in.
square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend above pan on opposite sides. Coat foil with nonstick spray.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat; stir until blended. Off heat, whisk in sugar, then eggs, 1 at a time.
Stir in vanilla and flour.
3. Stir 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts into batter. Spread in pan.
Cut 4 (0.6 oz each) milk-chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (such as Reese’s) in quarters. Distribute over top; press gently until level with top of batter. Sprinkle with 1⁄2 cup peanut butter M&M’s and 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center of batter, not peanut butter cups, comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool and cut.
These are more fudgey than cakey.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.