- September 9, 2009 at 1:42 pm #276089
Craving chocolate and sweet peanut butter all wrapped up into one indulgent bar? Start with a no-fail brownie mix, then add layers of peanut butter and melted chocolate chips. Yum.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 2 hours 30 min
Makes: 36 brownies
1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, pouch of chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions for 13×9-inch pan on brownie mix box.
Cut brownies into bite-size treats for a dessert buffet.
1 Brownie: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 19g)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.