Peanut Butter S’mores Bars in a Jar

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      blueeyedfool

Peanut Butter S’mores Bars are a delicious Layered Bar in Jar Gift idea that everyone will love!! well, except those with peanut allergies 😉

jar ingredients

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
      1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
      1 cup peanut butter chip
      1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

additional ingredients (to be added by the recipient of the gift!)

1/2 cup butter, melted
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Creating the Gift in a Jar:

Wash and completely dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar. (A hair dryer works great for getting it super dry!)

Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, peanut butter chips and then mini marshmallows – Just make sure that you complete press the first couple layers with a flat bottomed object after each addition; you want to make the layers as level as possible. Add the lid & ring and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these bars are found below.

peanut butter s’mores gift tag:
      additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, melted and 1 tsp vanilla extract.

peanut butter s’mores instructions:
      preheat oven to 350. Place the contents of the jar in a large bowl and stir until well mixed. Pour the butter and extract over the dry ingredients and stir to mix.

Use the back of a fork to press the dough lightly into a greased 9×9 inch baking pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is light brown in color. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into 9 bars.

Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mos

Looks like a great gift and well done on putting the ingredients that the recipient will have to have on hand or purchase on the gift tag. I will have to start doing that! LOL!

I usually provide the recipe and leave it up to them to realize what they have to have to enjoy the gift! Thanks for that little tip;-D
      Since I’m a peanut butter freak, I may have to give this gift to myselfgiggle smiley

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.