• Author

2 – 3 cups copped fresh peaches
      2 eggs-beaten
      2 tbsp melted butter
      1 tsp vanilla
      1 cup sugar or splenda
      2 saltine crackers-crushed
      1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust-commercial or home made

1. Combine peaches, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, and cracker crumbs; let stand 10 minutes.
      2. Pour into crust.

Bake in preheated oven at 400 for 15 minutes.
      4. Reduce heat to 375; bake for 35-45 minutes longer.

Note: I have two recipes for this, both are almost identical, except one calls for crushed saltine crackers, the other for 1 tbsp uncooked old fashioned oatmeal.
      Not sure which would be better. One day I’ll try both. 😉

@MrsPaws 243272 wrote:

Note: I have two recipes for this, both are almost identical, except one calls for crushed saltine crackers, the other for 1 tbsp uncooked old fashioned oatmeal.
      Not sure which would be better. One day I’ll try both. 😉

That’s great to know, as least if we don’t have 1 of the items, we should have the other! coffeebath smilie

Man that sounds so good…gonna have to run to the store and grab some peaches now..thanks a bunchbeaverhug smilie…my kids will love ya for giving this recipe to memomkids smilie

This sounds so yummy I just keep coming back to it. I’m thinking I’ll try it with (home)canned peaches and adjust the cooking time accordingly . . .

@Liss 243335 wrote:

This sounds so yummy I just keep coming back to it. I’m thinking I’ll try it with (home)canned peaches and adjust the cooking time accordingly . .

liss, how long do you think the cooking time needs to be adjusted?
      i don’t have any home canned peaches, but i do have commercial ones.
      i used my last few fresh peaches in our menu this week, but i want to make this again soon. and no one has these on sale locally….so…canned it’ll have to be. 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Peach Custard Pie