The Gloves are Off Scams & Flim Flams Paychecks at home

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by KawaiiGiggle January 17, 2009 at 10:51 am.

• Author

There was a site I stupidly signed up with once called Paychecks at home. Their home page stated that they paid for people to stuff envelopes. So, I decided it sounded simple enough and I signed up for it.

At the cost of $60!!!

About one week later I received my “starter kit” in the mail, which contained nothing more than two sheets of paper. One was a welcome letter, the other was instructions. I was not going to be paid for envelope stuffing…it was an advertising/sales job!

I was supposed to make up flyers and post them up anywhere I could think of. Then, when people contacted me, I was supposed to mail them information.

then, if by some freakish miracle someone actually was interested in what i was selling, i would stick a sheet in an envelope and mail it to the company. so, i only got paid if someone actually signed up. grrrrrr!

i e-mailed the company and complained, telling them that they were liars and thieves, and that their web page was misleading. then next day when i went to their homepage, it was completely different. they had re-worded everything!

i was so upset, but i definitely learned my lesson.

don’t deal with “paychecks at home!”

FreebieQueen

Wow, that’s aweful ! :074: Some people have no clue, you should file a complaint with the better business bureau and also on ripoffreports.com .

Thanks for the heads up on this one, we’ll be keeping an eye out for them. Welcome to the boards!

wow thank I saw those websit too
    thought they are too good to be true

ya know, i heard about this company before..

Never heard about this one, but I really appreciate the warning!!!

I fell for this also. It was a different company but my husband and I tried one when were married. It turned out to be just as you said.

I have heard of these kind of scams before, I think there is also one that wants you to piece together jewelry and mail it back to them, only they never pay you because they say you didn’t do it correctly or something to that effect. I am sorry to hear that they did this to you.

I tried one about 4 years ago. It was to make magnets. You get paid for each one that you make.

I paid $40.00, and got my kit a week later. It looked simple enough, but when I started making them, mine never did come out the same as thiers did. They said that I had 30 days to change my mind and get my money back.

Well I called told them I couldn’t get mine to look just like theirs and that I wanted my money back. They told me that they couldn’t do that. And I called two weeks after I got the kit.

They also changed the wording in their site.

@freebiequeen 14509 wrote:

Wow, that’s aweful ! :074: Some people have no clue, you should file a complaint with the better business bureau and also on ripoffreports.com .

Thanks for the heads up on this one, we’ll be keeping an eye out for them. Welcome to the boards!

hard to file.. when the company changes so often.. some even move from state to state..

and now with the internet who knows any more what the laws are, or where the company is…

that is very true. it’s sad when you think about the people out there that lost money..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

The Gloves are Off Scams & Flim Flams Paychecks at home