Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Here’s a gift for newlyweds, and one that I have given! For the past two years, my great-nieces and nephews have been getting married. My best friends’ grandchildren are getting married. AND I’m invited to the weddings. I need to start a savings account for wedding gifts and one for graduation gifts and one for those moving into their first home/apartment and… Well you get the picture. The last gift I gave, last month (sigh) was for a wedding gift — a pasta pot and large non-stick skillet with the recipe for the following and the thank you card came with a review of the recipe…they loved it and have made it ‘starred’ recipe in their recipe file that I also gave them…just a decorated file box with blank index cards;-D
      Pasta Bolognese with Zucchini
      1/2 lb pappardelle pasta, uncooked
      1 lb lean ground beef
      1/2 cup chopped onions
      2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then sliced crosswise
      15-oz jar four cheese pasta sauce
      3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
      2 tbs chopped Italian parsley
      Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
      Meanwhile, cook meat with onions in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 7 min, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini. Cook 5 to 6 min or until meat is done and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in pasta sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. Cook and stir 2 to 3 min or until heated through.
      Drain pasta. Place in large bowl. Add meat sauce. Mix lightly. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Serves 6
      yoga smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.