- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 13, 2012 at 10:32 pm by .
- December 13, 2012 at 10:32 pm #312971
2 cups peeled baby carrots
1 1/4 lb boneless top sirloin steak-cut into bit sized pieces
s and p-to taste
4 tbsp butter-divided
4 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
2 green onions-sliced
2 cups red wine
2 cups beef broth/stock
1 1/2 tbsp *Herbs de Provence spice mix*
1 tsp fresh parsley-minced
Hot cooked noodles or rice
1. Cook salted carrots in saucepan or microwave until tender. Drain well.
While cooking carrots, sprinkle beef with s and p. Melt 3 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium high heat heat. Saute beef until brown on all sides but still pink in middle.
Remove from skillet.
3. Melt remaining butter in skillet and saute mushrooms and onions for 8 minutes.
4. Add Herbs de Provence spice mix, wine, broth/stock, s and p.
Increase heat and boil until sauce is reduced to 2 cups, scraping browned bits, about 25-30 minutes.
5. Return beef and carrots to skillet, cooking for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and adjust s and p as needed.
Serve over the hot buttered noodles or rice.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.