Parenting Question- School- stay back, Move ahead?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Parenting Question- School- stay back, Move ahead?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I have children 6, 10, 14, and 21. your son sounds like my 21 year old was in
      the fifith grade. Hind site, if I could go back, I would only allow video games
      on special occasions like when report cards come out with all A’s and B’s.

I
      would have him tested for allergies to foods, like milk. He was diagnosed with
      ADHD when he was 17. I didn’t want to put him on a stimulant, so i ignored the
      forgetting and lack of caring about doing a good job.

I also would check to see
      if he was depressed. he was, only I thought he was just lazy.I just found out
      about two months ago my son was molested by his best friends stepfather around
      that time and he never told me. He may have trouble making friends which can
      also cause depression.

A strong father figure helps alot.
      Sylvan learning center helped my nephew.
      Hope any of these suggesstions help.
      My mother in- law is a teacher, and she suggests, to make the child spend a half
      an hour in each subject even if there is no homework.. usually if there is any
      homework they will do it if they know they have to spend time in the subject
      anyway.
      Debbie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Parenting Question- School- stay back, Move ahead?