Parenting- Chores- Children

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Parenting- Chores- Children

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss

My 7 year old keeps her room “neat”…in her mind. When it needs a real cleaning, we do it together. She is learning to sort laundry and put away her own finished clothes but I still do the washing/drying/folding.

She gets the mail for medaily and puts her meal dishes away-that’s about it. She’s spoiled and she and I bothknow it- she’s mild special needs, adopted and the only girl after 3 much older brothers. I may pay for it later on but right now I don’t require much out of her other than school work.

We don’t do an allowance right now. If she’s been good and working hard w/school, I may pay for a small treat now and then. Bigger spending requires her to part with birthday or special occasion cash she has stashed away.

She will stand in Wal-Mart and go through the whole “I don’t need this but I really want it…do I want it bad enough to spend my own money for it” thing- I get a real kick out
      of her “budgeting” sometimes!LOL Lisa G.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Parenting- Chores- Children