- January 27, 2009 at 12:21 am #269961
unbleached flour (for bread making)
chocolate (semi-sweet, bitter-sweet,
& dutch process cocoa)
dried beans (various types)
apple cider vinegar
red wine vinegar
white wine vinegar
dried pastadried herbs
cumin (ground & seeds)
herbes de providence
peppercorns (black & white)
salt (regular & coarse)
tabasco or hot sauce
cinnamon (ground & whole sticks)
cloves (ground & whole)
mustard (regular & dijon)
pickles (sweet, dill & relish)
extra-virgin olive oil
sweetened condensed milk
cherries (for cherry jubilee)
cream of mushroom soup
olives (green & black)
pork & beans
coffee (regular & decaf)
tea (various types)
gourmet itemsfresh produce
shrimp & crab boil
white truffle oil
fresh herbs (various)
onions (red & white)
refrigerator or freezer staples
cream (heavy or whipping)
parmesan cheese (not grated but a chunk)
- January 27, 2009 at 10:23 am #412642
This is great list to go by. I have a pantry full of herbs and spices, two shelves full. Can never have to many of those.They are always handy for every meal to be creative and create a new flavor in a dish. I love spices for everything.
- June 21, 2010 at 4:17 pm #428324
thanks for this list@!!!! i am e mailing it to myself!!!
- April 6, 2011 at 11:57 pm #429831
Thankyou for this great list.
- December 23, 2011 at 1:10 am #430919That is a good list. Thank you for posting. Maybe I can start stocking up on goodies.
- January 1, 2012 at 10:39 pm #431037
I love to see good pantry lists such as this so I can see if I’ve forgotten about something necessary…Thanks! 🙂
- August 15, 2012 at 8:24 pm #432376
This is an excellent list. Thank you!
- August 31, 2012 at 2:23 am #432638This is a GREAT list! Saving it… Thanks!
- August 31, 2012 at 1:11 pm #432642
:party1:Thanks.. I have just about have all of that but the baking powder I ran Out…And I need To Get all The Vinegars again I do Have White Vinegar tho..Seems I run Out Of all the others Quick Making salad Dressing and fire and ice Tomatoes and cucumber..Time to run to the store again..lol..I’ll make a copy of your list and Stick it to my Pantry:food:…Thanks again:purr:
- November 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm #434383
thankyou for postin this list, after looking at it I realize how empty my pantry is after moving lol, no wonder I seem to have so much trouble figuring out what is for dinner most days.
- March 10, 2013 at 4:08 pm #437789Wow. Saving this list. I, for one, cannot function in my kitchen unless I open my cabinet and see about 8-10 lbs of pasta. If we don’t have pasta in my house….well, we won’t go there.
These other items I do try to keep on hand. Especially since I am trying to make things from scratch more often. I need a bigger kitchen to hold all the flour I need to purchase.
🙁 We make bread in the bread machine, homemade biscuits, banana breads and other odds and ends so we go through A LOT of flour.
With all of these items on the list, do you recommend a good storage container to hold them that seals well away from moisture and prevents other *shivers* things from invading?
- August 26, 2014 at 6:04 pm #458145Thanks for the list!!
- September 4, 2015 at 2:09 pm #462121
Thanks for this post, I am wanting to stock my pantry, we cupboards this list is a help.
- October 1, 2016 at 7:10 pm #463257
This is a fantastic list. My only problem in my own kitchen is that I am gluten free and I can’t have beans.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.