- April 7, 2013 at 9:50 pm #316997
Obviously I do indeed love mix recipes. lol
So, this time, I want to know your favorite recipes using pancake and waffle mix recipes…
- April 10, 2013 at 2:55 pm #438830
Honey Applesauce Cake
1/2 cup butter-softened
1 cup honey
1 cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla-divided
2 1/2 cups buttermilk pancake mix-commercial or myo
1 cup chopped nut-Optional
3 cups powdered sugar
4 oz cream cheese-softened
1. Preheat oven to 324.
2. Prepare 2 (8 in) round cake pans.
Blend butter and honey. Beat in eggs. Stir in 1 cup applesauce, cinnamon, and 2 tsp vanilla.
Blend in pancake mix and nuts. Pour into prepared pans.
5. Bake 20-30 minutes, until done.
Prepare frosting by combining powdered sugar, cream cheese, 2 tbsp applesauce, and remaining 1 tsp vanilla.
7. Once cakes are cooled, stack, then evenly spread frosting on top and sides. (I usually make a little extra to put in between layers)
Can use a 11×7 prepared baking pan instead of round pans.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.