- January 27, 2009 at 9:21 pm #270009
Fahrenheit Setting Celsius Setting Gas Setting
300◦F 150◦ Gas Mark 2 (very low)
325◦ 160◦ Gas Mark 3 (low)
350◦ 180◦ Gas Mark 4 (moderate)
375◦ 190◦ Gas Mark 5 (moderate)
400◦ 200◦ Gas Mark 6 (hot)
425◦ 220◦ Gas Mark 7 (hot)
450◦ 230◦ Gas 8 (very hot)
475◦ 240◦ Gas Mark 9 (very hot)
500◦ 260◦ Gas Mark 10 (extremely hot)
Broil Broil Grill
converting recipes for convection ovens:
• use the temperature and time from the original recipe as a guideline, checking 3/4 of the way to see if done. You can also just lower the baking temp. about 25 degrees.
• To prevent burns, position your racks before pre-heating the oven. Convection ovens heat quickly.
• Place food in the center of the oven, leaving a space between the oven walls and other pans.
• Most convection oven recipes do not require a cover on the dish. If you are baking a long-baking recipe not designed for a convection oven and it requires it to be covered then lower the temp. 25-50 degrees and bake for approximately the same amount of time.
• Use the test your recipe gives you to test for
doneness and do not rely on the appearance.
- January 27, 2009 at 9:46 pm #412714
My son is looking for jobs in Russia and Germany right now. this might be very useful to him in the near future!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.