- January 16, 2009 at 3:40 pm #269537
Since working two jobs its hard to make dinner – but my kids came up with this menu that THEY are going to make for the week of 1/19- 1/25-
Monday-Tomatoe soups with grilled cheese
Tuesday- Salad and chicken tenders
Wednesday- Manwich and fried tators
Thursday- Spag & meatballs
Friday- Tacos and corn
Saturday- hamburger patties with gravey, mashed potatoes and peas
Sunday- (I get to help with this) Pork roast, garlic cauliflower and white rice
I think this will work 🙂
- January 16, 2009 at 10:38 pm #410241
Thats awsome!!! What ages are they? its so nice when you see the kids helping out.
I am marryed to mine and he rarly ever helps. 🙂
- January 17, 2009 at 1:19 am #410261
Deanne is 15, AJ is 17 and Erica is 20. I am very proud of them 🙂
- January 17, 2009 at 1:41 am #410276
And you should be. Most of the adults I know still think mom and dad should do everything for them. Your kids rock in my book!
- January 17, 2009 at 1:42 am #410278
thank Red!! They have helped alot since I work so much – I am really proud of them 🙂
- January 17, 2009 at 5:19 am #410315
Great menu! Your kids are so sweet to step in and help. 🙂
- January 17, 2009 at 10:14 am #410347
I like your menu Lynn, your kids did a great job on it. Sounds like your going to be eating good that week….yum yum!!!
- January 17, 2009 at 6:34 pm #410456mosParticipant
your kids DO rock! they came up with a great plan that’s diverse and easy to do. good for you and your babies (whatever their age…they’re still your babies;0>)
- January 17, 2009 at 7:05 pm #410460
If I asked my daughter what she wanted (she is 3) our menu would consist of hamburgers, chicken, macaroni and cheese, pizza and shrimp lol
- January 17, 2009 at 9:52 pm #410478
That’s really great that your kids are doing this! 🙂
- January 17, 2009 at 10:16 pm #410481
I love when my daughter cooks for me! She surprises me often by cooking and I let her know that is better than any gift she could buy me.
- January 18, 2009 at 10:06 am #410521
If my boys were to cook for me we would be eating nothing but Mexican food & pizza! It’s great to have children (older or younger!) who are willing to cook. I wish mine would surprise me with dinner just once a month!
- January 19, 2009 at 9:18 pm #410819
I agree – kids are great – I even mentioned to then that they could go to culinary school and become and Iron Chef!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.