- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated April 13, 2013 at 7:58 pm by .
- April 13, 2013 at 7:58 pm #317297
3 slices bacon-sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups frozen (cubed style) hash browns
2 stalks celery-diced
1 medium onion-diced
salt and pepper-to taste
1/8 tsp dried thyme
pinch dried dill weed
3 (6.5 oz) cans minced clams-drained **reserve the liquid**
1/3 cup AP flour
4 cups whole milk
1. Cook bacon in dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon
and drain; set aside.
(Leave drippings in dutch oven.)
2. To drippings, add potatoes, celery, onion, salt, pepper, thyme, dillweed,
and reserved clam liquid.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
In a pint jar with a tight fitting lid, combine flour and 1 cup milk; shake until
smooth. Slowly stir into vegetable and clam mixture. Add remaining milk and
Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until thickened to desired
consistency; stirring frequently.
4. Stir in clam. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until completely heated
do not boil.
top individual servings with bacon.
i usually serve ours with the bacon and oyster crackers.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.