Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List OT: Graduation Thank you notes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Nope guess not.

Original Message —-
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:59:50 PM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Tee/Graduation Thank you notes

— On Fri, 6/27/08, Talea Ranker wrote:

I’m sorry, I just think it’s crazy.

If you actually have to get a card that says thank you in order to give another gift then it’s not worth receiving one from you.

Well, we don’t have to worry about that, now do we?

In the case of the gifts I did not receive a thank you for, 2 of the gifts were delivered through family members and I never even saw the gift recipient.

In the case of my son, all but 1 of his graduation gifts were sent in cards through the mail.

He does need to send a written thank you.

During the year, he makes calls to out of town family members tothank themfor birthday and holidaygifts and thanks others in person.

I usually send a thank you note to friends for gifts, as I just think it is the nice thing to do.

You obviously disagree, but I think that wedding and baby showers, graduations and other formal-type events require written thank yous, no matter how you obtain the gift.

If someone has taken the time, money and thought to go out and purchase a gift or send money, they need to be properly thanked.

Kathy

Recent Activity

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List OT: Graduation Thank you notes