OT: Graduation Thank you notes

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List OT: Graduation Thank you notes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      I’m sorry, I just think it’s crazy. If you actually have to get a card that says thank you in order to give another gift then it’s not worth receiving one from you. I never ever do this to another person.

Yes it’s great to receive a thank you, yes it’s rude of the other person. I don’t give a gift expecting anything at all in return, to do so in my opinion defeats the purpose of giving. In today’s world things get so hectic and crazy I know I don’t write a thank you to every single thing I receive.

I trust the gift was given out of love and say thank you to the person at the next opportunity. I was never taught to send a thank you, my mother also believed it needed to be a genuine sentiment, not a
      required one.
      ~Tee

Original Message —-
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 12:13:01 PM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Graduation Thank you notes

If he is too busy to write them, he needs to return the gifts. It is just rude. I had to nag my son to write his, but it doesn’t take long.

Children/young adults need to know how important this is. It is a habit that should be life-long. I have 3 people on my ‘list in my head’ who did not thank me for gifts and they will never get another one.

They were a baby gift, a graduation gift and a wedding gift.

Kathy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List OT: Graduation Thank you notes