OT: Graduation Thank you notes

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List OT: Graduation Thank you notes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Thank you, I thought I was being old fashioned in expecting at least an acknowledgement. A few years ago, I spent months crocheting blankets for each of my nieces and nephews. Not little, simple things either – they were all at least full size and very elaborate. My brother’s kids didn’t even acknowledge the box arrived!! Nothing. I finally asked my brother if they got the blankets…he said they did and thanked me. But, their mother doesn’t think they need to say thank you. I haven’t sent those kids another thing since (they were about 16 and 12 at the time – should be old enough to say something!).

If someone takes the time to send me a gift, I’m going to take the time to write out a short note and stick it in the mail. To not do that is just plain rude! For the person who said postage on 150 thank you notes a month would be $60+…..personally, I’ve never received 150 gifts in a month. If it’s something big like a wedding, maybe postage should be figured into the budget – like when you figure postage to mail invitations?! At least take the time to send a nice email note!!!

I think the whole country has gotten extremely rude!!

Chrissey

Original Message

Date: 6/28/2008 6:26:32 AM
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re: OT: Graduation Thank you notes

We sent my cousin a 100 dollar cheque for his 18th birthday and the only way we knew he got it was it got cashed. Not even a thank you! Suffices to say he hasn’t had a gift since!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List OT: Graduation Thank you notes