- August 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm #309006
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup water
1 cup orange marmalade
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp vinegar
5 qt popcorn
1. Combine sugar, water, marmalade, salt, syrup, and vinegar in saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Cook to hard ball stage or to 250 degrees on a candy thermometer.
Pour over popcorn slowly; mix thoroughly.
4. Shape into 2 1/2 inch balls with buttered hands.
Yield: 15 popcorn balls
Black popcorn balls can be made by substituting one 6 oz pkg licorice sticks, cut in small pieces, for orange marmalade.
- August 31, 2012 at 1:12 am #432636
:Pumpkins:Thanks for this recipe..I’ve always wanted to learn how to make these..Gonna have to Make some for Halloween:sadmummy: Well At least try
- August 31, 2012 at 2:16 am #432637
yummy …:110: i wanna make these with my girls for Halloween 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.