- May 13, 2013 at 12:55 am #318355bethaliz6894Participant
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh or frozen. you could also use orange juice concentrate for a stronger orange flavor)
- 1 cup heavy cream (you could also substitute melted/very soft vanilla ice cream)
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Let set for 30-60 minutes, then add popsicle sticks.
Freeze for another 4-6 hours or until frozen.
- When you’re ready to serve, run some warm water along your popsicle mold to loosen the popsicles and serve immediately.
- July 29, 2013 at 11:53 pm #440706
I enjoy finding yummy popsicle recipes. Thank you.
- July 30, 2013 at 12:19 am #440704FreebieQueenModerator
These are pretty good made with vanilla yogurt in place of heavy cream for a “lighter” version.
- July 30, 2013 at 12:37 am #440703
- August 1, 2013 at 9:41 am #440734FreebieQueenModerator
@MrsPaws 316218 wrote:
That sounds terrific!! I keep vanilla yogurt on hand…think I’ll have to try these.
Thank you for sharing the recipe bethaliz6894, thank you everyone else for the tips! 🙂
MrsPaws, did you get a chance to try them? I was dying to make some pops the other day, but never did get around to it. We’ve been making the strawberry & blueberry cheesecake ones and OMG are they good. I LOVE creamsicles though, just need to pick up so OJ Concentrate (it really does add more flavor). We’ve added a touch of grated orange zest too before for a little extra tang.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.