Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar for bethaliz6894bethaliz6894
      Participant

Ingredients

• 1 cup orange juice (fresh or frozen. you could also use orange juice concentrate for a stronger orange flavor)
      • 1 cup heavy cream (you could also substitute melted/very soft vanilla ice cream)
      • 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
      • ¼ teaspoon orange extract
      • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract

instructions

1. In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
      2. Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Let set for 30-60 minutes, then add popsicle sticks.

Freeze for another 4-6 hours or until frozen.

3. When you’re ready to serve, run some warm water along your popsicle mold to loosen the popsicles and serve immediately.

I enjoy finding yummy popsicle recipes. Thank you.

Avatar for bethaliz6894FreebieQueen

These are pretty good made with vanilla yogurt in place of heavy cream for a “lighter” version.

@FreebieQueen 316213 wrote:

These are pretty good made with vanilla yogurt in place of heavy cream for a “lighter” version.

That sounds terrific!! I keep vanilla yogurt on hand…think I’ll have to try these.
      Thank you for sharing the recipe bethaliz6894, thank you everyone else for the tips! 🙂

Avatar for bethaliz6894FreebieQueen

@MrsPaws 316218 wrote:

That sounds terrific!! I keep vanilla yogurt on hand…think I’ll have to try these.
      Thank you for sharing the recipe bethaliz6894, thank you everyone else for the tips! 🙂

MrsPaws, did you get a chance to try them? I was dying to make some pops the other day, but never did get around to it. We’ve been making the strawberry & blueberry cheesecake ones and OMG are they good. I LOVE creamsicles though, just need to pick up so OJ Concentrate (it really does add more flavor). We’ve added a touch of grated orange zest too before for a little extra tang.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.