Tagged: potato soup
- February 20, 2012 at 10:06 pm #303658
Orange Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
3 fresh sweet potatoes-peeled and sliced
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2/3 cup AP flour
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 can (10 3/4 oz) reduced fat cream of chicken soup-or homemade equivalent
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 med onion-sliced
2 stalks celery-sliced
1 clove garlic-minced
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp orange zest
2 tsp brown sugar
3 tbsp flour
1. Place potatoes in bottom of prepared slow cooker.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Combine 2/3 cup flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and s & p. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour mix. Place on top of potatoes.
3. Combine soup with remaining ingredients. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Pour mixture over chicken.
5. Cover; cook on low 6 hours.
6. Serve over Jasmine rice or hot buttered noodles.
**Can add a bit of orange zest and chives on top for garnish and extra flavor**
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.