- February 7, 2020 at 7:14 pm #581377mosParticipant
Orange Cardamom Cake with Honey Orange Glaze
For the Cake:
1 cup of sugar
10 tbs unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
4 to 6 tbs blood orange zest from 2 blood oranges
1/4 cup blood orange juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp salt
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbs honey
1 tbs blood orange juice
1/4 tsp cardamom
1 pinch salt
Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a large bowl and cream together using either a stand or hand mixer.
- Beat in the butter, vanilla, sour cream, blood orange zest, and juice.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch loaf pan or butter and line with parchment paper.
- Pour in the batter and bake for 40 to 45 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing.
Make the Glaze:
Make the glaze by adding the powdered sugar, honey, blood orange juice, cardamom and salt to a small bowl and whisking together until smooth.
Drizzle over the cake before serving. 1 cake = about 10 servings
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.