- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated August 16, 2009 at 9:53 pm by .
- August 15, 2009 at 2:48 pm #275187mos
Open-Faced Vegetable Sandwich:073:
1 large egg
2 tbs reduced-fat cream cheese
4 tsp plain lowfat yogurt
2clove garlics, smashed
1 whole-wheat baguette or other crusty roll
1 cup cooked veggies leftover from ?
In a small saucepan, boil egg. When done, pour off water and add cold to cook down. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and yogurt. Using a serrated bread knife, halve baguette horizontally to make 2 pieces. Rub garlic on both sides of bread. Spread cream cheese mixture on baguette. Top with vegetables. Drizzle vinegar as desired on top of vegetables. Chop egg and sprinkle over vegetables. Serve open-faced. 2 servings.
- August 15, 2009 at 3:28 pm #424246Janice Terrell
This sounds good. Who needs meat. Thanks
- August 16, 2009 at 9:53 pm #424279mosAND an interesting way to use up some leftover veggies! I do this with all veggies and it does get changed up from time to time;-) have fun and come up with some of your own creations…a sandwich doesn’t have to have TWO slices of bread! LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.