Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes OMG Chocolate Turtle Cake

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

omg here’s is a too die for chocolate turtle cake that showed up in my fb feed yesterday, i made one last night and it’s totally gone already!
      the recipe calls for a german chocolate cake mix but i used the homemade chocolate cake mix from the mixes section here on the site.

easy homemade chocolate turtle cake yum!!!

ingredients:
      1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix without pudding
      14 ounces individually wrapped caramels
      ½ cup evaporated milk
      ¾ cup butter
      1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
      2 cup chopped pecans
      2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
      2 tablespoons butter
      2 tablespoons corn syrup
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
      3 tablespoons milk

Directions:
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×13 inch pan.

Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour ½ of the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes.

In a saucepan melt caramels, ¾ cup of the butter or margarine, and evaporated milk, pour over baked cake. Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped pecans over caramel mixture. Pour remaining cake batter on top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Cool and frost.

To Make Frosting: Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine and the unsweetened chocolate together. Remove from heat and add the corn syrup, vanilla, confectioner’s sugar, and milk, mix well and use to frost cooled cake.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mos
      Participant

When I lived in Chicago, our doctor (and good friend) loved this cake. Every year on his birthday, I would show up with this cake for him and his staff. After the second time that I showed up like this, his staff slipped me notes with their birthdates and favorite cake or dessert!

lol! i was happy to oblige for ten years until i moved to nc;-d this cake is fabulous!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes OMG Chocolate Turtle Cake