Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks OMG Chocolate Butterfly Cupcake Toppers

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

omg! i just discovered the easiest dessert idea ever! homemade butterfly cupcakes and you won’t believe how incredibly easy they are to make!

if you can handle melting chocolate, you can make these, seriously.

you’ll need a piece of parchment or wax paper. when i made mine i printed out a design of a butterfly and then put that underneath the wax paper so i could easily see the design to outline it.

take a piece of cardboard or cardstock paper and fold it in half. you’re going to use this in the freezer to create a gentle “fold” to make your butterfly look natural.

Melt a package of chocolate chips with 2 Tbs of Coconut Oil (or 1 Tbs Vegetable shortening) in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stir, return to the microwave, repeat until melted, but dont overheat your chocolate.

place the melted chocolate in a baggie and snip off one little corner. “draw” the butterfly in chocolate, leaving the “wings” open so you can add colors later. place the sheet of chocolate butterflies into the freezer on the folded cardstock in a “v” shape.

let them set.

melt colored chocolate or use white chocolate chips and add coloring to it (you’ll need a lot) and add various colors, put back in the freezer to set. carefully peel off the wax paper and place the butterflies on top of homemade cupcakes (or store bought if you’re in a hurry) on the frosting.

so cute and so easy!

[video=youtube_share;0psqhKmfT4U]https://youtu.be/0psqhKmfT4U[/video]

Photo Credit: Sunshine Cupcakes Blogspot

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Avatar for luckybolideFreebieQueen

Oh My those are so adorable and so easy to make, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that *DUH*. Thanks so much for sharing such a cute idea and for finding the video too.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks OMG Chocolate Butterfly Cupcake Toppers