- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated March 4, 2014 at 12:21 am by .
- October 22, 2009 at 1:43 pm #277708CountryGrl21
A Tiramisu is an excellent rich italian dessert . . .
1 sponge cake –(10 to 12 inches and about 3″ tall)
3 oz. strong black coffee
3 oz. brandy or rum
1 1/2 lbs.cream cheese or mascarpone (my pick) — room temperature
1 1/2 C. superfine/powdered sugar
Cut across middle of sponge cake, forming two layers, each about 1 1/2 inches thick. Blend coffee and brandy. Sprinkle enough mixture over bottom half of cake to flavor it strongly.
Don’t moisten cake too much or it may collapse on serving. Beat room-temperature cheese and 1-cup sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and cheese is light and spread able. Test for sweetness during beating, adding more sugar if needed.Spread cut surface of bottom layer and half of the cheese mixture. Replace second layer and top layer with half of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle top literally with sifted cocoa.
Refrigerate cake for at least two hours before cutting and serving.
- January 19, 2013 at 8:00 pm #436533frvetere
Anyone tried this? My hubby is italian, so naturally has a liking for Tiramisu..
- March 4, 2014 at 12:21 am #451953skidoodleLuv, luv tiramisu. Will give this a try.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.