- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated July 31, 2013 at 4:27 am by .
- January 7, 2009 at 9:25 pm #268917JennyCup
Olive Garden – Chicken Castellina
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 4Ingredients
1/4 cup pancetta (or bacon), diced
6 Tbsp butter, cubed
1 tsp garlic, chopped
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 ½ cups milk
1 oz cornstarch
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup smoked Gouda cheese, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
8.5 oz can sliced artichokes, drained
1/4 tsp pepper
¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 lbs pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions
1 1/2 lbs skinless/boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1 – 1 ½” pieces
¾ cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup white wine
Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)Instructions:
1. SAUTÉ pancetta (or bacon) in a 3-qt sauce pan or large pot, over medium/high heat until crisp and golden brown. Reduce heat, add butter and allow it to melt.
Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for approximately one minute, stirring frequently (do not brown).
2. WHISK in cream, milk and cornstarch.
Raise heat to medium/high. Whisk in Parmesan and Gouda cheeses. Once cheese melts, add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
3.REMOVE from heat and let stand uncovered.
1. MIX flour with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess flour.
HEAT olive oil in large sauté pan. Add chicken in a single layer and cook until golden brown on both sides (approximately 7 minutes total). Juices should run clear.
3.ADD wine to chicken in pan (caution: there will be a low flame in pan). Toss gently until wine is evaporated. Add sauce and bring to a boil on medium/high heat.
TRANSFER drained, cooked pasta to large platter. Evenly distribute chicken and sauce over pasta.
5. GARNISH with chopped parsley and serve.
- January 7, 2009 at 10:08 pm #408721rtebalt
oooh! Yummy! Hubbie would love this!🙂 Thanks!
- July 31, 2013 at 4:27 am #440719froggysgirl
I’m thinking of doing an Italian themed dinner party and this sounds easy and delicious! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.